Open-access books and competition from AOSIS Scholarly Books to encourage further research on the global teacher shortage
World Teachers Day, 5 October 2023, comes at a time when there is more urgency than ever to address the teacher shortage around the world. The theme for this year, ‘The teachers we need for the education we want: The global imperative to reverse the teacher shortage’, underscores the urgency of this issue.
At AOSIS Scholarly Books, we understand that quality research serves as the cornerstone for developing evidence-based strategies through studies and innovative thinking to address educator shortages and create sustainable solutions in the field of education, improving the quality of education globally.
To support scholarly researchers in the fields of education working towards finding solutions, we are excited to list 11 open-access scholarly books in the Humanities domain. These books contain original research and insightful perspectives that could enhance your understanding and contribute to and build upon your current research.
- A new dawn
- Education for sustainable development in BRICS: Zoom on higher education
- Discipline in Education: Some less frequently explored issues
- Critical issues in South African education: Illumination from international comparative perspectives from the BRICS countries
- Reconceptualising education support services in South Africa
- Becoming a teacher: Research on the work-integrated learning of student teachers
- Self-Directed Learning: An imperative for education in a complex society
- The 4IR and teacher education in South Africa: Contemporary discourses and empirical evidence
- Innovations in online teaching and learning: Case studies of teacher educators from South Africa during the COVID-19 era
- Recalibrating teacher training in African higher education institutions: A focus on 21st-century pedagogical challenges
- Education leadership: Scoping, perspectives and future trajectory
Our World Teachers Day campaign does not stop here! We’re hosting a competition where three fortunate entrants will win a voucher to download the ePub version of any book from our selection above on our AOSIS Shop.
To enter, simply:
As an email subscriber, you will receive regular updates on our open-access scholarly books, ensuring you stay informed about new book releases and other helpful resources directed at academic publishing. You may unsubscribe to opt out of receiving communication.
The competition is valid until 9 October. Winners can expect to receive a congratulatory email notification within 14 working days.
Terms and conditions:
- This competition adheres to our AOSIS competition terms and conditions.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are unable to contact a winner within 30 days, or if the winner is unable to collect the prize to use the voucher and code within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize, and AOSIS reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- The winners must choose one of the books listed as no other book in our catalogue is included in this campaign.
- Only the ePub version is offered in this campaign, which excludes physical (print) copies.
- The campaign is active from the beginning of the day 4 October–9 October 24:00.
- The winner must like or repost the LinkedIn news post and subscribe to our mailing list to be eligible to be randomly selected as a winner. Please note that to be considered an entry, simply liking the Twitter post is not sufficient.
As we celebrate World Teachers Day, let us acknowledge the importance of our educators and take practical steps to support them. To all the researchers dedicated to resolving the teacher shortage, we salute your efforts! To all the researchers dedicated to resolving the teacher shortage, we salute your efforts!
Submit your book proposal
To publish your book with AOSIS Scholarly Books, download the electronic book proposal form from our website at books.aosis.co.za. Register your profile on our website to submit your proposal and embark on a rewarding publishing journey with us!