CALL FOR BOOK PROPOSALS: REBUILDING AFTER COVID-19
AOSIS Scholarly Books would like to invite all prospective authors to submit their book proposals for consideration. The theme for the call is ‘Rebuilding after COVID-19’.
The call for book proposals focuses on the economic, technological and medical advancements that are necessary to improve not only these segments, but South African society as a whole. What were the key lessons learnt during the COVID-19 pandemic, what would be required to mitigate risks, what opportunities and advancements have been identified during this time in relation to economic development, and technological and medical change that will lead to socio-economic benefits and policy change. We are standing at a juncture of social development where we can advance human welfare and optimise the opportunities presented and lessons learnt during this period. Please include a summary of your research publications and an overview of how the manuscript would be structured in terms of its theme and chapter overview. Original research is welcome.
Please note, a book on any theme is welcome so long as it fits within the scope of our published domains/disciplines.
AOSIS is a leading open access publisher, having published close to 100 scholarly research books stemming from African scholars or those providing an African viewpoint across various academic disciplines.
All our books are primarily published online in open access, with a print-on-demand option. Our books are peer-reviewed and conform to the Department of Higher Education and Training’s accreditation requirements for subsidy and are listed in leading international indexing services.
Our well-established Books Department are at the forefront of book publishing and offer the following incentives for researchers who publish with us:
- Peer review management: The manuscript selection and publishing processes operate independently to prevent undue commercial influence over the selection process.
- Plagiarism detection management: We use a leading provider of professional plagiarism detection and prevention technology to ensure the originality of written work before publication.
- Online publication engagement: We offer online engagement throughout the publication process, which includes preparing your book proposal, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Layouts in several digital formats: All books are freely available on our website in PDF format. The physical print copy and ePUB versions can be ordered for a fee.
- Indexing services management: We work closely with relevant indexing services to ensure that published books will be available in their databases. These include OAPEN, DOAB, Scopus, Google Books and Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics Book Citation Index).
- Marketing: AOSIS promotes books in the following ways: (a) a book launch announcement in our appropriate domain collection newsletter; (b) listing the book on our website and library websites under the appropriate domain collection; (c) a direct email to announce the launch to contacts provided by the author; (d) a book launch announcement on our social media pages; (e) indexing the book on OAPEN and DOAB; (f) proposing the book to web indexes such as Scopus, Google Books and Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics Book Citation Index); (g) by encouraging authors to update their online profiles (for example their Wikipedia profiles, blog profiles, the website of the institution where they work, LinkedIn profile, email signatures, etc.) by listing their new book, with a link to the book catalogue; and (h) we also encourage our authors to create an ORCID profile.
AOSIS also offers book authors a number of publishing options under a suitable Creative Commons user license. While we are keeping an eye on the market and trends, we are still focused on our quality and well-established reputation.
AOSIS Scholarly books offers three publishing imprints catering for different target readerships.
- AOSIS Books is aimed at a scholarly readership.
- ITUTA Books is primarily aimed at academics and students.
- KROTOA Books publishes popularised scholarly work to the public.
We are committed to providing our authors with all the resources, support, and advice they need. Our authors (or their institutions) retain the copyright for their work, so they can use their work for teaching purposes and to upload a copy on their institution’s research output archive.
The author guidelines include information about the full-text manuscript to be received for publication and preparing a manuscript for submission. Other relevant information about our books policies and the reviewing process can be found under the ‘About’ section. Please visit https://bit.ly/3sONe9b to find out more. Authors and/or volume editors are encouraged to submit their book proposals online. Please visit https://bit.ly/3tI89Mj for information on our submission procedure.
To submit your book proposal or download our book proposal form, please visit https://bit.ly/3lPMFeQ