Call for Papers: African Journal of Disability (AJOD)
This is an open invitation to contribute your latest research towards this open access scholarly journal.
The African Journal of Disability, the official journal of CRS, AfriNEAD and CEDRES, introduce and discuss issues and experiences relating to and supporting the act of better understanding the interfaces between disability, poverty and practices of exclusion and marginalisation. Its articles yield new insight into established human development practices, evaluate new educational techniques and disability research, examine current cultural and social discrimination, and bring serious critical analysis to bear on problems shared across the African continent. Emphasis is on all aspects of disability particularity in the developing African context. This includes, amongst others:
- disability studies as an emerging field of public health enquiry
- rehabilitation, including vocational and community-based rehabilitation
- community development and medical issues related to disability and poverty
- disability-related stigma and discrimination
- inclusive education
- legal, policy, human rights and advocacy issues related to disability
- the role of arts and media in relation to disability
- disability as part of global Sustainable Development Goals transformation agendas
- disability and postcolonial issues
- globalisation and cultural change in relation to disability
- environmental and climate-related issues linked to disability
- disability, diversity and intersections of identity
- disability and the promotion of human development.
The journal has a double-blinded peer review process. Manuscripts are initially examined by editorial staff and are sent by the Editor-in-Chief to two expert independent reviewers, either directly or by a Section Editor. Read our full peer review process.
To contribute your latest research findings towards this publication, please visit ajod.co.za
Please refer to the submissions procedure when submitting your original manuscripts. The author guidelines include information about the types of articles received for publication and preparing a manuscript for submission.