Special Issue: Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences
We have extended the deadline for submissions this years’ special issue to be published in the Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences (JEF).
Submission deadline: 31 August 2022
We call on all prospective authors and researchers to participate in this years’ special issue to be published in the Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences (JEF).
THEME: Wars and pandemics: Economic and financial consequences.
Since World War I, we have endured several major global economic downturns like the Great depression in 1929 and the Global financial crisis in 2008. These major events are mainly due to external shocks such as a market crash, credit crunch, bursting bubbles, pandemics or wars. During and after these events, the world change and restores to a new order, which has economic and financial consequences. The Covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing war in Ukraine have caused uncertainty across the globe. Although wars and pandemics are not new phenomena, these two events have significant economic and financial consequences for the modern globalised world of today.
The objective of this special issue is to attract scientific and innovative research in the field of economic and financial sciences.
- Please note the following list is not exhaustive – authors are welcome to consult the Guest Editors to check if their submission fits the aims of the special issue. Suggested papers:
- The micro- and macroeconomic consequences of wars and pandemics.
- The impact of wars and pandemics on the broader field of finance in terms of governance, accounting, investment management and financial management.
- Historic account of financial and economic consequences in business.
- The consequences of wars and pandemics in terms of behavioural economics and finance in society.
- The economic and financial consequences of wars and pandemics within the 4IR domain.
Manuscript contributions may consist of the following:
- Manuscript submissions should be in English.
- Original Research articles must fully comply with the JEF guidelines for manuscripts (abstract and headings style formats: maximum 8000 words, maximum of 60 references with limited self-referencing; and an abstract, with a structured maximum of 250 words).
- Interested authors must consult the journal’s guidelines for manuscript submissions.
To submit your article to the special issue, go to https://jefjournal.org.za/. When you submit the article, select the ‘Original Research – Special Collection: Wars and pandemics: Economic and financial consequences’ as the article type. The submission portal will be accessible on https://jefjournal.org.za/ after login in with your personal user credentials. Click here for more details on the submission procedure. All submissions will undergo anonymous review to guarantee high scientific quality and relevance to the subject. Final decision regarding acceptance/revision/rejection will be based on the reviews received from the reviewers and at the sole discretion of the Guest Editor and/or Editor-in-Chief.
Of course, we will be happy to provide you with any assistance during the submission and application process. Kindly enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be honoured to receive a positive reply from you and look forward to your feedback on our proposal.
- Submissions open: 1 May 2022
- Deadline for submission: 30 June 2022
- Expected Publication Date: 15 December 2022
- Prof D Blaauw (North-West University)
- Dr M Pretorius (University of Johannesburg)
- Dr N Strydom (University of Johannesburg)
- Prof Ilse Botha (University of Johannesburg)