The Editor-in-Chief of the African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine (PHCFM), Prof Bob Mash, invites applications from members of the academic community to join the journal’s Editorial Team as an Assistant Editor.
Deadline for applications: 11 August 2022
About the journal
PHCFM, launched in 2008, is the official journal of WONCA (World Organization of Family Doctors) Africa Region and the PRIMAFAMED (Primary Care and Family Medicine) network. It provides a platform for scholarly exchange between family medicine and primary health care researchers and practitioners across Africa. It provides a contextual and holistic view of family medicine and primary health care as practised across the continent. Read more…
Assistant Editor responsibilities
As Assistant Editor, you will take on the responsibilities of editing and assisting in publication-related activities for the journal. In this role, you will play an active part in ensuring the completion and quality of written tasks and other deliverables.
- Must be French-speaking to assist with submissions in French and promoting the journal in Francophone Africa.
- Familiarity with a range of research methods and a track record of publishing research
- Experience in peer reviewing or examining research
- Fluent in English to assist with submissions in English.
- Interested in coordinating the dissemination of published work and promotion of the journal via social media e.g. podcasts, videocasts.
- Track record of reviewing for the African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine (PHCFM) journal
To ensure success as an Assistant Editor, it is recommended to have a keen eye for excellent writing, exhibit good design judgment, and be able to manage projects to completion. A top-notch Assistant Editor will bring several years of experience in various writing and editing roles to the table and display a keen grasp of the open access scholarly publishing industry.
Applicants can email the following to email@example.com
- Scopus ID (optional)
- Google Scholar ID (optional) / Google Scholar ID (optional)
- Contact Details
- Motivation Letter
AOSIS will inform the candidates whether the application was successful or not once a decision has been made. You may be asked to attend an interview.