We are proud to announce that the following Open Access Scholarly journals, published by AOSIS Publishing, were recently accepted into the South African Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) list of accredited journals. The Department has added the Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ) as one of the accredited lists/indices from 2021 onwards. These three journals are all listed on the DOAJ and therefore automatically accredited.
- The African Journal of Psychological Assessment (AJOPA)
- The journal focuses on original research studies, theoretical papers, test reviews, and methods papers in the areas of psychometrics and psychological assessment.
- Editor-in-Chief: Sumaya Laher – University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- The SA Journal of Oncology (SAJO)
- The journal publishes high-quality articles on all aspects of oncology.
- Editor-in-Chief: Raymond P. Abratt – University of Cape Town; Independent Clinical Oncology Network, South Africa
- The Journal of Medicinal Plants for Economic Development (JOMPED)
- The journal is the official publication of the Society for Medicinal Plants and Economic Development and focusses on the use of plants and plant products for economic and social development, especially in the developing world.
- Editor-in-Chief: Anthony Jide Afolayan – University of Fort Hare, South Africa
Accredited journals are research outputs recognised by the South African Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) because it meets specified criteria (e.g., peer-reviewed) and therefore qualify for subsidy by the DHET. If academics publish in accredited journals selected from the DHET lists, their Higher Educational Institute (HEI) receive support and recognition for the articles.
Only peer-reviewed research articles in accredited journals qualify for subsidy. The DHET’s Approved List is compiled annually from international and national journals. Journals included in these lists are considered accredited and are taken into account when government subsidy is granted to universities for scientific publication of research output.
AOSIS Publishing boasts a total of 43 journals now accredited by the DHET, once again proving our high standards and quality service delivery.