The SA Journal of Oncology (SAJO), a peer-reviewed scholarly journal, is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve an initial 3-year term as the Editor-in-Chief.
Cut off for applications: Monday, 20 June 2022.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates may submit their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAJO, launched in 2016, strives to publish the highest quality articles dedicated to oncology research and scientific reviews of practice from countries with mixed economies and also globally.
The journal is an initiative of SASCRO (the South African Society for Clinical and Radiation Oncology).
The journal is affiliated with:
- South African Society for Clinical and Radiation Oncologists
- South African Children’s Study Cancer Group
- South African Association of Physicists in Medicine and Biology
- Hospice Palliative Care Association
Journal Focus and Scope:
The SA Journal of Oncology (SAJO) is a peer-reviewed on-line journal which publishes high quality articles on all aspects of oncology. The Editorial Board strongly supports a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care and research as well as translational research in oncology. The journal will publish research which is particularly relevant to oncology knowledge and practice in countries with mixed income based economies. Scientific studies from these countries will make an important contribution to global oncology knowledge. The journal will feature original research, reviews, practice guidelines, editorials, case studies, scientific letters and conference reports.
Responsibilities, Including but Not Limited To:
- Set and direct the editorial policy for the journal in consultation with the Editorial Board of the journal.
- Consult with the members of the Editorial Board regarding editorial policies, ethical and quality matters, and suitability of particular editorial content.
- Ensure that all manuscripts submitted for consideration for publication in the journal are reviewed independently.
- Be ultimately responsible for the procurement and selection of contributions to The Journal.
Requirement and Qualifications:
- Have high academic standing.
- Have a record of publications.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently.
- Strict adherence to meeting deadlines.
For any further details please contact email@example.com