The Moodle LMS is an open source learning management system providing people with flexible, secure and accessible learning. As a Certified Moodle Partner of South Africa, we are pleased to announce that Moodle 4.0 is now released with some major improvement to its user experience.
Watch this 2-minute video that illustrates Moodle 4.0’s new user experience.
What are the key highlights?
- Navigation simplified to be easy, intuitive, and quick:
- Improved site, course, and module navigation
- Simplified navigation hierarchy
- Reduced cognitive load, allowing educators and learners to easily find what they want
- Responsive across devices with consistency between desktop and mobile
- There is a navigation top bar which is consistent site wide
- There is a “my courses” page, a new, stand-alone dedicated page that helps educators and learners search, view and quickly navigate between all their courses
- Within a course, there is top tabs for navigation which gives it quick access to most used functions e.g., settings, participants, grades, etc.
- Updated dashboard to allow learners to anticipate deadlines and manage their time more efficiently:
- It summarises important tasks which provides a summary of course deadlines and actions with new colourful activity icons
- It includes a single view calendar of requirements
- Collapsible side panel:
- Reduce visual clutter by collapsing and expanding course blocks
- The course index on the course page can also be collapsed or expanded making it easier to track course completion
- Course experience improvements which make what to do easy to edit and understand:
- New course page structure
- Global edit switch in top navigation bar
- Improved drag and drop of activities on course page
- Rearrange your course with drag and drop on the course index
- Refreshed design and colours for course activities and resources
- Clear call to action button for easy course editing
- Quick hints to ease onboarding of new users e.g. navigation tips
- The Moodle Workplace report builder is now included
- BigBlueButton has been incorporated as a standard feature
- Improved Moodle login page
- Quiz & question improvements which includes stats, comments, and question versioning
- Atto text editor accessibility improvements (MUA)
- Site admin presets
- Moodle App 4.0: with all the powerful features and user experience improvements of Moodle LMS 4.0 (if you host with a Certified Moodle Partner, then you get the premium App for free – normally 499 euros a year) Read more. See packages.
Moodle 4.1 is planned to be launched in the 4th quarter of 2022. Please note that Moodle 4.0 does not officially support PHP 8.0 yet.
If you have any questions on these features or is interested in the installation of Moodle 4.0, please contact our technical AOSIS eLearning team at email@example.com