Literacy Association of South Africa (LITASA) seeks applications for Editor-in-Chief of it’s scholarly journal, Reading & Writing
The Literacy Association of South Africa (LITASA) is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve a five-year term as the Editor-in-Chief of its peer reviewed scholarly journal, the Reading & Writing Journal. The position will start on 1st of January 2022, when the current Editor-in-Chief (EiC Dr Naomi Boakye, Senior Lecturer, University of Pretoria, South Africa) completes her 5-year term.
Founded in 2010, Reading & Writing is an open-access peer-reviewed journal publishing regular-issue articles on a continuous basis and special issue articles. The journal publishes original research, scientific letters on matters of general interest, in-depth and critical reviews, opinion papers, case studies, and brief reports with a focus on all aspects of literacy and literacies across languages and contexts both in Africa and other resource-limited settings. The journal is open-access and supported by LITASA.
- Set the strategic direction and vision for Reading & Writing Journal for the next 5 years;
- Contribute to the advancement of the broad concept of literacy by soliciting article submissions, guest editorials, and special issues and article collections on current and critical topics;
- Appoint and oversee Editorial Board members and Section Editors; and
- Oversee peer review process, including handling articles through peer review, assigning submissions to Section Editors to handle through review, granting final approval to accept for publication.
Support structure / Compensation:
- South Africa based publisher, AOSIS, provides an in-house, online peer review management platform and extensive staff support for peer review and production;
- Editorial Board office: Editor-in-Chief (day-to-day operations), 3 Associate Editors (handle submissions through review), Editorial Board members (reviews, etc.)
- LITASA provides a limited annual honorarium for the EiC and the Associate Editors.
- Publication record (recent, high quality writing); and
- Experience with peer review work.
Applications must include:
- Full curriculum vitae; and
- A letter outlining your vision and goals for Reading & Writing during your 5-year term (2022-2027).
All applications must be received by 8 November 2021. Interviews will be conducted at the end of November 2021.