Curationis is the official journal of the Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa. Curationis is a scholarly research journal that aims to provide a forum for the exploration of issues and experiences relating to, and supporting, nursing and midwifery best-practice development through research learning and problem-based knowledge sharing across the African continent. The knowledge gained and shared by authors and reviewers who publish research results in Curationis support the grounds for decision makers on matters regarding health, health care, nurses and nursing. The journal therefore serves as a repository (archive or store) of relevant data that enhances the practice of responsible and professional nursing, caring and midwifery. The journal will seek to publish innovative research and reviews on all aspects of nursing and midwifery with particular emphasis on the developing African context, including, but not limited to best practices, research, and policy roles of nurses and midwifes and the settings in which they practice. The intention of the publishers are to encourage authors to provide stimulating and thought-provoking information based on research that will further the improvement, management and development of nursing in Africa. Aspects that are typically covered in the publication include, amongst others:
- role of nurses, midwifes and health care workers
- education and training of workers in the nursing profession
- support and advisory services provided by nurses and midwifes in forming public awareness of health matters
- guidelines in dealing with public perceptions and views regarding diseases and health matters
- prevention of diseases
- community-oriented nursing and health care
- challenges encountered in the nursing profession.