The African Journal of Laboratory Medicine, the official journal of ASLM, focuses on the role of the laboratory and its professionals in the clinical and public healthcare sectors,and is specifically based on an African frame of reference. Emphasis is on all aspects that promote and contribute to the laboratory medicine practices of Africa. This includes, amongst others:
- biomedical scientists and clinicians
- medical community, public health officials and policy makers
- laboratory systems and policies (translation of laboratory knowledge, practices and technologies in clinical care)
- interfaces of laboratory with medical science
- laboratory-based epidemiology
- laboratory investigations
- evidence-based effectiveness in real world (actual) settings.