We believe that information is sensitive and unique in nature, thus requiring the highest ethical standards of publishing.
The purpose of our advertising and sponsorship policy is to clearly separate our editorial and commercial functions. Commercial functions include banner advertising, sponsored content, newsletter advertising and any other paid services that may be offered by any one of AOSIS’ product sites (herein referred to as “the site”) and AOSIS (Pty) Ltd (herein referred to as “the owner”).
The owner adheres to the following basic rules when placing advertising, sponsors’ logos or advertorial material of any kind:
- The owner reserves the right to decide at all times when, where and what advertisement may be placed.
- Acceptance of an advertisement or sponsorship by the owner should under no circumstances be understood as an endorsement of or support for the advertised or sponsored product/brand or the company manufacturing, distributing, marketing or otherwise associated with the product/brand.
- The owner will strive to carry advertising and sponsorship material that complies with our high ethical and professional standards – including but not limited to matters of good taste, accuracy, public policy, sound practice, honesty, government regulation and South Africa’s constitutional requirements of non-discrimination. No advertising associated with harmful and/or indecent practices, such as firearms, ammunition, pornography, tobacco, gambling or alcohol may be carried.
- All sponsored content (advertorial) will be clearly marked as such and may be positioned or presented in a way that distinguishes it from editorial content.
- Banner advertisements are randomised on specified pages or within specific sections and particular positions or cycles cannot be guaranteed. The owner reserves the right to request a new size banner advertisement from the advertiser at any time for placement on the website in a new position.
- No pop-up, video or audio advertising is permitted.
- It is incumbent upon the advertiser to comply with local and international regulations regarding the advertising material to be published on the site.
- The owner reserves the right to publish, reject, move or remove any advertisement or sponsors’ logo without first giving notice to the affected advertiser or sponsor. The owner specifically reserves the right to remove advertising and sponsorship material should such material contravene any of the rules here listed or in any way infringe on the integrity or good reputation of the site. We undertake to provide reasons for such decisions and to refund the advertiser for the remaining time if the advertisement is removed before the date agreed upon.
While the site and the owner strive to pre-empt and remove any advertising material that is illegal, harmful or otherwise objectionable, they disclaim any liability for any damages, direct or indirect, that may result from the use of any form of advertising on the site.