On 4 February 2019, an email was sent from the Department of Higher Education (DHET) stating that some of the journals that were listed on the DHET SA list have been removed as they already appear on approved DHET indices. This action primarily affected journals that had previously appeared on the SCIELO index.
‘From this year, 2019, and as with all journals appearing in international indices, the DHET list will no longer contain journals appearing in SciELO SA. As an approved index for purposes of research subsidy claims by the DHET, and among Scopus, ISI, IBSS and the Norwegian List, journals whose seat of publication is in South Africa will be removed from the DHET List if and when they appear in SciELO SA. These steps are in line with all other South African journals appearing in other international indices that are approved by the DHET’.
Dear SciELO SA User Group,
The DHET 2019 accredited journal lists are available via this link http://bit.ly/2G9Dr9D
Note the tabs at the bottom of the page for the different accredited indices.
- DHET 2019
- IBSS 2019
- IBS 2019
- Norwegian List 2019
- SciELO SA 2019
- Scopus 2019
Please note that the Department has highlighted that from this year, 2019, all the journals appearing in the following indices, SciELO SA, ISI, IBSS, will not appear in the DHET list (DHET 2019). This means that the affected journals will have to comply with the conditions, quality checks, and, generally, stipulated publishing policy of that particular index.
You can access the list of journals that have been removed from the DHET list (DHET 2019) via this link: http://bit.ly/2Tw6A1R
For any questions on, or related to the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also contact the DHET directly (Ms Fhumulani Maanda at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr Walter Ntuli at email@example.com).
SciELO SA Team
The following journals have been moved from the DHET SA list to their approved index list:
- Acta Commercii (SciELO SA)
- African Journal of Disability (SciELO SA)
- African Journal of Laboratory Medicine (SciELO SA)
- African Journal of Primary Health Care and Family Medicine (SciELO SA)
- Curationis: Research Journal of the Democratic Nursing Organisation of SA (SciELO SA)
- Health SA Gesondheid: Journal of Interdisciplinary Health Sciences (SciELO SA)
- HTS Theological Studies/Teologiese Studies (SciELO SA)
- In die Skriflig/In Luce Verbi (SciELO SA)
- Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies (SciELO SA)
- Koedoe: African Protected Area Conservation and Science (SciELO SA)
- Literator: Journal of Literary Criticism, Comparative Linguistics and Literary Studies (SciELO SA)
- Reading & Writing (SciELO SA)
- SA Journal of Industrial Psychology (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Childhood Education (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Communication Disorders (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Economic and Management Sciences (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Information Management (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Psychiatry (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Radiology (SciELO SA)
- Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine (SciELO SA)
- Verbum et Ecclesia (SciELO SA)
- South African Journal of Business Management (ISI)