Instructional videos are versatile and are filmed to demonstrate processes, transfer knowledge and explain concepts.
Types of instructional videos include:
- Micro videos – short instructional videos that focus on teaching single, narrow topics.
- Tutorial videos – teach processes, like ‘how to’ videos which provide step-by-step instructions.
- Training videos – designed to upskill workers on topics like interpersonal skills or job-related tasks.
- Explainer videos – explain products and services in entertaining, visual ways.
- Presentation videos – taking PowerPoint to the next level with audio narration.
- Screencast videos – typically used for software training, these digital video recordings of your computer screen usually include audio narration.