Submissions deadline: 30 August 2018
Theme: Teacher education for the primary school and the perennial problem of practice
The South African Journal of Childhood Education (SAJCE) editorial team invites research that highlights student teachers’ pre-service education in schools. Participants in the Primary Teacher Education (PrimTEd) project of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in South Africa may find this call attractive.
The journal is particularly interested in the work of new researchers who collaborate with their mentors and supervisors and who co-author with leaders in the field of primary school teacher education.
The guest editors for this issue are:
- Dr Sonja Brink (Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Johannesburg)
- Dr Anni Loukomies (Helsinki University)
- Dr Reetta Niemei (Helsinki University).
- Read the submissions procedure and the submission guidelines
- When submitting, authors should select the specific issue in the Journal Section drop-down box
- Indicate willingness to serve as a reviewer for the journal
- Publication fees:
- 50% of the publication fees to be paid upon manuscript acceptance, read publication fees page
- Grant funding from DHET covers the rest of the publisher cost
The South African Journal of Childhood Education
is DHET accredited (read more
) and listed on several indexing services (read more
We look forward to receiving your manuscripts.
Editor-in-Chief, South African Journal of Childhood Education
South Africa Research Chair
University of Johannesburg